SELF DEFENSE CLASSES
Our kids/family self-defense classes focus on self-defense, confidence, respect, fitness and fun. Our modernized curriculum not only includes traditional World Taekwondo Federation practices but incorporates elements of kickboxing, hapkido, jiu jitsu and kickboxing to give our students the most well rounded practical skill base we can offer them!
KIDS SELF DEFENSE CLASSES
- Age Specific Curriculum
- At UMAC we pride ourselves in understanding the unique needs of different age groups. It really matters. At different age groups, we are all developmentally working on different things. We have different needs. We know how to address those needs and add challenges as children build on their success. We have classes for just 3 year olds (lil’ Dragons), 4&5 year olds (Dragons), 5.5 & 6 year olds (Ninjas), and 7 years + (youth/beginners).
- Our kids program is a detailed curriculum that focuses on improving preschool-age children’s basic motor and listening skills. These skills will help them enter society with a more confident and enthusiastic outlook. They will become better students at school, better listeners at home and more ambitious towards the future.
- We believe the time between the ages of 3 and 7 are the most important years of a child’s development. Our program will enhance positive development in a fun and motivating way.
- By learning martial arts, kids learn skills such as:
- positive self image
- anger management
- respect for self and others
- improved mental focus
- motor skill development
- Research shows for this age group, 30 minutes is the most beneficial class length and Two classes per week maximum.
Check out our class schedule for more information!
FAMILY SELF DEFENSE CLASSES
- United Martial Arts Center’s curriculum focuses on valuable Life Skills, not just kicking and punching. We use fun and energetic drills to help everyone learn. Our instructors believe in teaching through encouragement and building on success. We show the value of working toward a goal and how to apply their martial arts lessons to life! At United Martial Arts Center, we believe a great martial artist is ALSO a great human being.
- At United Martial Arts Center we have seen tremendous changes in the lives of our students and their families. Some of the benefits include:
- Self Control
- How to Concentrate
- Motor Skills Development
- Eye-Hand Coordination
- Listening Skills
- Stranger-Danger and Self-Defense
- Self Respect
- How NOT to Hit
- Exercise and Energy Release
- Manners and Respect
- Character Development
- How to Get Better at ANYTHING!
- Classes are 45 Minutes in length. Recommended attendance 2-3 classes per week.
Check out our class schedule for more information!
- Come watch a class, join in, or try a week. No pressure. We love teaching and it shows in how we teach, we want the kids to develop an appreciation for martial arts and see that discipline can actually be fun! Crazy, right? United Martial Arts Center instructors are members of the Martial Arts Teachers Association allowing our staff to be on the cutting edge of teaching philosophies to better assist children in being all they can dream.
ADULT ONLY SELF DEFENSE CLASSES
- If you are an adult (or teen) simply looking for how to defend yourself without the formality of martial arts then this class is for you. We offer self-defense classes for teens and adults only, called Personalized Safety Program. Learn the most useful and practical skills to defend yourself in a casual and fun environment with no uniforms! We evaluate what is happening in the world today (statistically what is the most common type of attack, punch, grab etc. that happens) then teach you how to defend yourself in those situations that are most likely to happen!
SELF DEFENSE SEMINARS
Kid Self Defense Seminars (ages 6-12)
- This self-defense program uses fun, scenario role-plays to create positive adrenal conditioning (fight or flight response) and teaches kids how to avoid and escape child abduction and teaches bully defense strategies
- This course focuses on:
- Stranger Danger
- Dealing with bullies
- Getting lost
- Common playground altercations
- Home safety
- and much more!
- NO MARTIAL ARTS EXPERIENCE NECESSARY. Space limited to first 20 kids.
Adult Self Defense Seminars (13 yrs+)
- Have you ever wondered what you’d do in a situation if you needed to get safe? Have you watched movies and wondered if you’d know how to defend yourself if it came to that?
- Our self-defense seminars are an incredible experience that gives you 4 hours of hands on training. This seminar teaches you to how to understand your adrenal reactions and overcome fear so you can use it as fuel to either avoid or defend yourself in life threatening situations. You will learn the most effective ways to defend yourself, experience simulated real life situation and then physically get to practice on one of our (very padded up) black belt instructors!
- By the end of the seminar students will be able to identify, react, and disable threats with skills that they can incorporate into their everyday lives…allowing them to feel empowered with the knowledge of how to defend themselves and their families.
- This seminar could quite literally be a life-saver for you and your friends and family!
- Learn the basics of Self Defense…how predators think, what they look for, and how to PREVENT an attack!
- Learn methods to stop a potential attack before it starts! (Verbal and physical)
- real life success stories of how using empathy, humor, simple techniques have stopped an attack
- Learn and practice physical maneuvers to prevent an attack
- Assess dangers of would-be attackers, and finding non-confrontational methods of dealing with uncomfortable situations, the kind that show up in our lives everyday.
No prior experience necessary! Call or email to schedule your seminar!