- CHILDREN’S TAEKWONDO – LIL’ DRAGONS (3 YRS) & DRAGONS (4-5 YRS) The dragon program trains 3-5 year olds. We focus on saying yes Mom and Dad the first time and developing focus, respect and self-confidence. We teach ‘safe adult/stranger danger’ skills, kicks and punching techniques. With the younger kids, we also add a greater emphasis on balance, coordination, and other developmental skills as well! (Dragon belts are white with a colored stripe in the middle in the order of color belt ranks). When Dragons turn 5.5 they can move to the Ninjas program at a ninja yellow belt.
- CHILDREN’S TAEKWONDO – NINJAS (5-6YRS) The ninja program trains 51/2 and 6-year-olds and covers everything we do in the dragon classes plus builds on those skills. We focus on developing respect, focus, and self confidence in addition to stranger danger, bully defense and taekwondo curriculum. (Ninja belts are colored with a white stripe in the middle, in the order of the color belt ranks. When Ninjas turn 7 they can move to the youth program at white belt (They may start at yellow belt with instructor approval)
Children’s Taekwondo is more than physical self-defense maneuvers. It is training the mind as well as the body to prevent confrontation and create a more peaceful world.
We offer programs for all ages focusing on self-defense, confidence, respect, fitness and fun.
Our modernized curriculum not only includes traditional World Taekwondo Federation practices but incorporates elements of hapkido, jiu jitsu and kickboxing to give our students the most well rounded practical skill base we can offer them!
The Code: While we train in several different martial arts, we follow a code of ethics used in martial arts called “tenets”. And we repeat them in every martial arts class. The tenets give a framework of who we want to be as human beings first and martial artists second. Not only does training enhance the body and mind but it can also uplift the spirit through practicing the philosophies stressed by becoming an amazing person.
The Tenets of Children’s Tae Kwon-Do:
- Courtesy– respect, manners: always treat others as you would like to be treated.
- Integrity– Be honest with yourself. Always stand for and do what you know is right.
- Self-Control– Focus your thoughts; control your emotions, your body and your physical and mental reactions.
- Perseverance– Keep working toward reaching your goals and obtaining your dreams no matter how hard or far away they seem. Never give up!
- Indomitable Spirit– Unbeatable spirit. If you get knocked down, either mentally or physically, always get back on your feet.
Additionally, by learning martial arts, kids learn skills such as:
- positive self image
- anger management
- respect for self and others
- improved mental focus
- motor skill development
Come in and visit our Children’s Taekwondo program and talk to us.